Power your PC with our top-of-the-line high-capacity drives.
WD Caviar Black drives combine a high performance electronics architecture with a rock solid mechanical architecture to deliver the perfect storage solution for your fully-loaded PC or maxed out gaming machine. Cool drive operation, no-touch head technology, and leading-edge vibration protection ensure enhanced reliability and sustained data throughput. And we back it all up with a 5-year limited warranty.
High Performance Electronics Architecture
- Dual processor - Twice the processing power to maximize performance.
- Colossal cache - Bigger, faster cache of up to 64 MB means faster performance.
Rock Solid Mechanical Architecture
- Dual actuator technology - A head positioning system with two actuators that improves positional accuracy over the data track(s). The primary actuator provides coarse displacement using conventional electromagnetic actuator principles. The secondary actuator uses piezoelectric motion to fine tune the head positioning to a higher degree of accuracy. (2 TB only)
- StableTrac - The motor shaft is secured at both ends to reduce system-induced vibration and stabilize platters for accurate tracking, during read and write operations.
- NoTouch ramp load technology - The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
Massive Capacity -
WD Caviar Black SATA drives are available in capacities
up to 2 TB.
We perform tests on hundreds of systems and a multitude of platforms in our FIT Lab™ and Mobile Compatibility Lab to give our customers confidence that our drives will work in their systems.
5 Year Limited Warranty
How this WD hard drive protects your data
Data Lifeguard is an exclusive set of data protection features, including shock
protection, an environmental protection system and real-time embedded error detection
and repair. WD's Data Lifeguard technology automatically finds, isolates, and repairs
problems that may develop over the life of a hard drive.
Data Lifeguard Tools are software utilities designed for WD hard drives that work with
the embedded Data Lifeguard features to make hard drive installation,diagnostics and
repair both simple and worry-free.
ShockGuard instantaneously protects the hard drive against damage from bumps and
vibrations while it is running. This technology enables WD Caviar drives to achieve
industry-leading shock specifications.
Power computing applications such as multimedia, video and photo editing, and maxed out gaming computers.
Desktop / Consumer RAID Environments - WD Caviar Black Hard Drives are tested and recommended for use in consumer-type RAID applications (Raid-0 / RAID-1).*
|Buffer Size||64 MB|
|Average Latency||4.20 ms (nominal)|
|Load/unload Cycles||300,000 minimum|
|Formatted Capacity||2,000,398 MB|
|Interface||SATA 3 Gb/s|
|As used for storage capacity, one megabyte (MB) = one million bytes, one gigabyte (GB) = one billion bytes, and one terabyte (TB) = one trillion bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending on operating environment. As used for buffer or cache, one megabyte (MB) = 1,048,576 bytes. As used for transfer rate or interface, megabyte per second (MB/s) = one million bytes per second, megabit per second (Mb/s) = one million bits per second, and gigabit per second (Gb/s) = one billion bits per second. |